Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fast Cap - X-Men DOFT

Fast Cap is a re-cap of many movies that I've seen that I have't written about in a year.

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Old man dies, young girl lives. Oh, wrong movie. Still, Wolverine is pretty darn old and has to come back to 1973 to ensure that his dead-end life is not so much of a dead-end in the late, late future. It's like Back to the Future, but with X-Men and other mutants. Lo and behold the only thing this movie is really saying is that Canadians will indeed save us. Thank you, Wolvie and Canada. Unsure why this is, but I've never been huge on the Fox X-Men movies. People seemed to enjoy this one way more than I did. *Shrug*  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What makes this movie work: 
Performances by Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy as young Magneto and Xavier, respectively. Their moody discussions from First Class carry over, and it's pretty good! Nimrod looking future Sentinels in the opening battle scene is cool. Clever action sequences with Quicksilver. And, honestly, the goddamn trailer. Have you not seen it?

What makes this movie weak:
I'm not really sure. I just didn't enjoy it that much. I thought the directing, acting, and overall look and feel were solid, but I can't pinpoint why I didn't immediately buy another ticket and watch it again.

When to watch:
Dollar theater

Random image for "Xmen drawing funny"

No comments: