Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nerd Goes On The Offensive. Kinda.

In a stunning turn of events, a docile graduate student fed up with her instructor’s ineptitude about a review staged a dramatic exit.

Joanna didn't need her inhaler here
Joanna Frye was sitting in her lecture hall while her professor reviewed the necessary material on the upcoming exam when she just couldn’t take it any more.

“Over 35 minutes of just going over what each chapter is about! I had had enough! I just snapped my laptop closed, threw some papers into the air and screamed an usually high blood-curdling scream before running out,” said a nasally Frye.

Sadly, her awesome attempt fell short.

“As I was proceeding to shift my body weight toward the exit, a blunt force hit my abdomen. It was like being slapped in the gut with a whale! I didn’t know whether I should have coughed, gagged or thrown up. I couldn’t even control my breathing; my brain was sending crazy signals!”
 
And what a whale this turned out to be. That blunt force was the foot of New Zealand native and all-star women’s rugby player Lucy McSouthers.

Listed at 5’11” and 180 pounds, McSouthers is one nasty Mother-McSouthers. A tearful Joanna gazed at McSouthers like a wounded deer, but no remorse was reciprocated.

A Sh-im?

Dejected, Joanna gingerly limped out the door holding back tears while attempting to shake a fist at McSouthers. She failed miserably in that regard, too.

“I’ll get that he/she some day, but obviously after the exam, and after my internal bleeding has stopped,” said Joanna from the floor of her bathroom. 

Godspeed, Joanna, Godspeed.

No comments: